I have made these and they are delicious and easy, so I’m sharing.
- 3/4 cup ( 1 1/2 sticks ) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon backing soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups ( 10 ounce package ) or 2 cups ( 12 ounce package ) Hershey’s butterscotch Chips1 cup chopped nuts ( optional ) <— I opted out of this one
- Heat oven to 350F. Grease 13x9x2 inch backing pan
- Beat butter,sugar, in a large bowl until creamy. Add eggs; beat well. Stir together flour,baking soda and salt; gradually add in butter, blending well. Stir in butterscotch chips and nuts, if desired. Spread into pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 mins or until top is golden brown and center is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. (makes about 36 bars )
(recipe from Hershey’s easy baking, recipe book)